Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
LARE Site Design: Section C Bootcamp
Friday, May 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
Freeman & Jewell Landscape Architecture is putting on a Section C workshop for the Landscape Architects Registration Examination in Philadelphia on May 18-20. Over the past two years, 82 students attending this workshop have passed, 4 failed, and 4 students did not respond to inquiries. This represents a 95% passing rate. Our courses are current with the 2007 exam format. This workshop has an upper limit of 25 students to allow for individual one on one desk crits during vignette work periods.
The workshop will cover exam formats, tips and tricks, and feature programmed instruction focusing on developing the skills needed to solve every known type of technical task required on section C of the LARE. The format is lecture, question and answer, and studio-like work sessions with desk crits followed by a review of each exercise or vignette done in class. In addition to a 90 page study guide, students will receive at least 21 problems, of which about 10 will be worked in class.
The program includes
• Overview of the exam and Section C
• Graphic Conventions for Section C
• Pre-exam planning and preparation for the LARE
• Planning standards used in the Site Design section
• Typical types of problems encountered in Section C
• Site Analysis and Programming
• Vehicular and Pedestrian Circulation Systems
• Site Planning
• Accessibility Requirements
• Setting priorities in solving vignettes
• Implications of scale in using LARE design standards
Students will complete timed problems covering basic skills required in planning and site design. Lectures on topics tested by the exam and encountered in professional practice will be given each day. The class takes a programmed approach to Section C, covering basic concepts and developing each subset of this section through lecture, discussion and solving full vignette problems typical of those encountered on the LARE.
Each Participant will need to bring the following supplies
• Architect and engineers scales
• Parallel glider or portable drafting board
• Adjustable triangle and small 45 & 30/60 triangles
• Circle templates
• Drafting tape
• Pencils or leadholders and erasers
• Calculator with square root capability
• 12-inch roll of tracing paper
• Scissors and several 8.5x11 sheets of stiff vellum
When & Where
Freeman & Jewell and The Olin Studio
Ray Freeman, a principal of Freeman & Jewell Landscape Architecture has more than 35 years of experience as a Landscape Architect. He has been teaching intensive LARE Review classes since the spring of 2000.